Like most rollergirls, I have derby on the brain about 99% of the time. Trust me, it is pretty annoying, but that's the way it goes. Lately, I've been concerned about my performance on the track. As I am getting older and feeling all the aches and pains more, I feel like I have to work harder and harder to push myself and improve.
We've changed up how we (as a team) play the game and as a pivot, there's a lot more pressure on me than there was before. Therefore, I have been having to work harder mentally to keep my head in the game and I believe it is paying off.
I ask the coach or anyone who will listen what I can do to improve. I take the feedback and try to use it to better my skating, hitting, etc. I've been working really hard to not only get better at my position, but to skate more efficiently and work on my hitting. Last night at practice I had the best performance that I have ever had. For some reason I was just on it. It felt so good and was a major confidence booster! Now I just have to keep it up.
Today's topic stolen from Big Derby Girls Don't Cry
Thursday, September 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment