Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Life getting in the way of art

Angry Chicken's post about screenprinting yesterday made me think about college and the screenprinting class I took. It was a lot of fun, as was ceramics & painting. I really use to enjoy making things. I would weave baskets while sitting in front of the tv, knit while the husband played video games, or paint on saturday afternoon.

I have so much going on right now that I don't have time to make anything. Well, that's not exactly true. I have the time, but I generally use that time to sit around and do nothing. I haven't been contributing to general household upkeep or even cooking for that matter. Being at work every day from 7:30 until 5:15 and then roller derby 4+ hours a week just makes me want to do absolutely nothing the rest of the time.

I need to get motivated. Christmas is coming up and I need to get started making gifts. If I don't I will make myself even more exhausted by waiting until the last minute.

Today's topic stolen from Angry Chicken

No comments:

Post a Comment