Thursday, July 30, 2009

Throwing Caution to the Wind

When I was younger, I was much more daring than I am now. I took a lot more chances without thinking of the consequences. Now I could chalk that up to being young and naive, but I was a pretty smart kid and knew what would happen if I fell off of something that I wasn't supposed to be on or got caught doing something that I wasn't supposed to be.

Now that I'm older, I am much more cautious. I frequently tell my husband to slow down while he is driving (yes, I drive him nuts) and I only drive 5 miles over the speed limit. I'm a freak about safety in pretty much everything.

The once exception to this... I play roller derby. The one thing we always tell someone who is thinking of joining the league is, it's not if you get hurt, it is when you get hurt. So why do I play this sport even though I have already sustained multiple injuries (including a concussion and a torn pcl)? Go watch your local rollergirls bout and you'll understand.

Topic stolen from Greta

No comments:

Post a Comment