Thanks to my wonderful friend Greta, I'm going to see UFC 101 in Philadelphia this weekend. I'm so excited. It will be my first time seeing mixed martial arts live. In fact, unless the UFC comes to Atlanta, it might be my only time. I just don't have the money to flit all over the country to watch it no matter how much I would love to do so. The opportunity presented itself this time, so I jumped on it. Greta had the tickets and luckily I have a birthday coming up (and Christmas, and a birthday next year, and next Christmas). I just have to come out of pocket for the flight and half the hotel room. Not too bad at all!
Now for the Schmuck portion of the blog. Because I am going to Philly, I'm missing a roller derby bout. I feel terrible about it. My league doesn't have a lot of players currently and I feel like I am totally letting them down by not being there. I know they can kick butt without me there, but nevertheless I still feel like a total and complete schmuck for skipping town.
I know that everything will work out just fine in the end. I'm going to have an absolute blast in Philly and I'm going to get a text message at about 9:30 on Saturday saying, "We won!"
Today's topic stolen from Greta

No comments:
Post a Comment