I'm not a huge listmaker. I do make the occasional to do list, mainly for work or roller derby when the number of things I have to do start piling up and I'm scared that I will forget to do something that needs to be done in a timely manner.
When I go on a long trip, I always make a list of what I need to bring. This turns into chronic overpacking. It turns out that I am not of the philosophy that if I need it, I can just buy it when I get there. Nope, I pack everything....and I do mean everything. It is actually quite ridiculous how much I pack.
When I go to the beach every year I tell myself that next year I won't pack so much, but I still do it every time. There is no way that I could wear 3 weeks worth of clothing in one week, but yet I pack it anyway. I always end up wearing the same thing over and over again because most of the time I'm in my swimsuit or my pajamas. The only time I have to look remotely decent is when we go out for dinner.
I will also pack all my skate gear and skates too. Do I go skating at the beach....nope. I have every intention on skating, but then I decide that it is too freaking hot. By the time it cools off we are leaving to go eat dinner.
Clothes and sports equipment aren't the only things I pack. Do you need any sort of toiletry or medicine, I promise you that it is in my bag. If you ever travel with me and we are going to be gone at least 3 of 4 days, you might as well come without a bag because I will pack enough for both of us.
Today's topic stolen from Greta
Wednesday, August 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment