This summer has been one of traveling for me.
In May (not technically the summer, but for my purposes I'm including it) my husband and I drove to Williamsburg, VA for our 10th wedding anniversary. We had a lot of fun being tourists and riding rollercoasters.
In June I went to Palm Springs, CA. This was a work related trip. I volunteer every year for the National Employment Lawyers Association's (NELA) Annual Convention. It is usually pretty fun, but even better this year since Greta flew out and joined me for a couple of days.
In July I went to Fayetteville, NC which was by far, the crappiest trip of the summer. I went with my derby league, the Classic City Rollergirls to play Rogue. Hanging with my league was a lot of fun, the bout and the city itself, well that's a whole 'nother blog.
In August I flew to Philadelphia, PA. Along with (and courtesy of) Greta, I went to UFC 101. It was so much fun despite a couple of fighters I was pulling for losing and it raining almost every time we went outside. We didn't get to do much sightseeing thanks to the rain, but we had a great time hanging out together and eating some delicious food (read about the yummy restaurant here)
Saturday, I leave to go to St. George Island, FL for a week. This will conclude my summer of travel. Nothing more relaxing than a week reading at the beach. It is our yearly vacation. My mom & grandmother always rent a house with a pool on the island. Usually my sister goes, sometimes with her boyfriend, sometimes not. She's not going this year. We are bringing along a friend of ours this year. My husband loves to fish, but we both get nervous that he is going to get eaten by a shark while wading out in the bay fishing. Since there is safety in numbers, he is bringing along a fishing partner.
No other trips planned until next May. My brother is getting married in Tampa the day after my wedding anniversary. Since we went to Busch Gardens in Williamsburg this year, we decided we would go to the one in Tampa while we are there. Maybe we will visit different theme parks every year.....
Today's topic stolen from Greta
Wednesday, August 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment